My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Mark and I got married in June 2002. We have a sweet little girl Brooklyn who came to our family in 2007 and we also have three adorable boys Brady, Jackson and Tyson. Mark works for Monsanto as an Account Manager and I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids under 5 1/2.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Proud Mommy Moments

In the last couple of weeks I have had a few proud moments I need to write down.  I will start with Brooklyn.

She shocked me two weeks ago on fast Sunday by saying she wanted to bear her testimony in Sacrament meeting. I told her she needed to do it herself and that I couldn't walk her up their either. I was wresting with Brady and Jackson and Mark was in the hall with Tyson. She said that was fine. So she started the long walk up there and took the stairs up to the stand. But then froze. She wasn't sure whether to walk to the microphone or sit with the other people up there. She started to come back down but then changed her mind and just kind of stood there. Luckily one of the primary presidency members was all ready on their way to bear their testimony that they helped Brooklyn find a seat until her turn. Brooklyn did a great job and I am so proud of her for having a testimony of this gospel and being willing to share it. It hit me hard that day how fast my little girl is growing up.



And next is Jackson. I am so proud of my little boy and all he has overcome. He wouldn't be where he is today without his wonderful attitude and determination. He was amazing on our trip. He didn't let anything hold him back except employees who told him he was to short to ride particular slides. He did everything the big kids did including climbing up and down a four story tree house, riding tubes in the wave pool and holding on tight (only fell off once) and finding a way to swim in the big pool with only one arm. I nicknamed him Nemo because that is what he looks like when he swims and he has all the courage and determination that Nemo does. He has made huge strides in speech and says the funniest things. Brooklyn and Brady often uses the phrases, "holy cow" and "oh my gosh".  Jackson decided to combo the two and says "holy gosh" when he sees something exciting. When the kids forget to use their manners when asking for something we say, "try asking nicely." When we say it to Jackson he will respond by saying, "nicely." 

1 comments:

Hillfivesome said...

You do have adorable nice kids who are growing up in the gospel and doing what you want them to do because you and Mark are raising them right and that is what counts.