My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Mark and I got married in June 2002. We have a sweet little girl Brooklyn who came to our family in 2007 and we also have three adorable boys Brady, Jackson and Tyson. Mark works for Monsanto as an Account Manager and I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids under 5 1/2.
Monday, June 11, 2012

911

I had been looking forward to our anniversary for a long time. For several different reasons. One because I was excited to go on a date completely planned by my husband including getting a babysitter and I couldn't wait to give him the gift I had worked so hard on. As many of you know our relationship started with about a years worth of letter writing. For years I have been wanting to do something with all the letters but never have and with it being our ten year anniversary I finally got around to scanning in all the letters and having them printed into a book. It turned out really nice and I look forward to having it and reading from it for years to come. So I was very anxious to surprise Mark with our book of letters. But apparently we weren't meant to have the wonderful ten year anniversary I had planned in my head. The night before our anniversary Mark had to do something he has never had to do in our ten years of marriage and that was call 911! Around 10pm I had a seizure in bed. I dont remember much about that evening except for waking up to find a bunch of guys in uniform in my bedroom and I wasn't sure whether I was dreaming or awake. Then I remember in the ambulance the paramedic saying, "your husband told us your 27 weeks pregnant is that correct?" I then told him, "I am not pregnant!" He responded, "your not?" I said, "no." At some point during the ambulance ride after starring at my fat belly I came to my senses and told the paramedic that I thought I was pregnant. After getting to the E.R. they drew a bunch of blood and took me for a CT scan. They didn't find anything from the CT scan. Mark arrived fairly soon after I did after a wonderful friend came to watch our kids. The hospital spoke with my OB and they decided to transfer me to a different hospital that deals with high risk pregnancies so they took me there by ambulance and put me on the labor and delivery floor. I spent the night there being constantly monitored as well as the baby. In the morning they did a very thorough ultrasound and believe that the baby is absolutely fine and wasn't affected at all. I then met with a neurologist who put me on an anti seizure medication which includes no driving for two weeks and adult supervision for two weeks. Mark's work has been great to let him work from home so he can supervise me, but unfortunately he is going to have to go out of town. That is where my wonderful friends and sisters from church are stepping in to babysit me while he is gone. Although I had no plans of spending my anniversary in the hospital or two weeks feeling like a 6 year old, I am so grateful to be alive and to know baby #4 is doing great. I can't say enough how grateful I am to my husband who has taken such great care of me, the kids, and the house. And I also want to thank everyone in my ward who has helped and is going to help this week with babysitting my kids, driving me to dr.s appointments, bringing in meals and yummy cookies, and babysitting me as well. We couldn't get through this without our Missouri family. Thanks everyone!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad that things seam to be ok. What a scary thing for you guys. It is nice to know that you can depend on the ward for the help that you need. I could not imagine not having the church in my life.

Lindsey said...

Yikes! Life just never goes as planned does it? I hope you get that special date before too long.

Jana said...

How scary! I'm so glad that Mark has been able to help out so much and that your ward is filling in the rest. (And happy late anniversary - that gift sounds SO special!!).

Hillfivesome said...

It is at those times that i wished we lived closer so that I could come and take care of all of you. I love you and miss you so much.

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry-we are sending many prayers to you and your family, we love you1