My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Mark and I got married in June 2002. We have a sweet little girl Brooklyn who came to our family in 2007 and we also have three adorable boys Brady, Jackson and Tyson. Mark works for Monsanto as an Account Manager and I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids under 5 1/2.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Long Overdue Update

I have been horrible at blogging in the last year but I hope to get back on track this year and do it on a regular basis. Where should I start. I think I need to back up to September and start there. That was a crazy month of new starts for the family. Brooklyn started preschool for the first time. I got released from ward camp director and was called to 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency (this is my first time serving in a Primary presidency), and Jackson started physical therapy. In October we spent one of our Saturdays doing our family tradition of going to the pumpkin patch. We got to play in the kids area, go through the corn maze, take a hay ride, pick out our pumpkins and haul them back to the barn, and drink yummy homemade apple cider. We had a wonderful time and as usual the drive was beautiful.




Then came Halloween, which seemed to go on forever. Brooklyn attended two Halloween parties, then we had the ward trunk or treat, and then actual Halloween. Brooklyn was a witch, Brady was a pirate, and Jackson was a pumpkin. On Halloween Mark took Brooklyn and Brady trick or treating while Jackson and I stayed home and passed out candy. At the last house the kids went to the lady had run out of candy so she sent them home with one of her Halloween decorations.





We spent thanksgiving with some families in our ward and had a wonderful time getting to know them better and playing games. December flew by . We started it off with Mark's mom coming to watch our kids so Mark and I could go on a work/spouse trip to Chicago. We enjoyed the shopping, great restaurants, and a weekend away with no kids.  Then we came home to hurry and pack for our long trip home for Christmas and a wedding. I will post more about that later.

2 comments:

Jana said...

I love reading your posts and keeping up with you and your family Tarah!

Mary said...

Tarah! It is so fun to get an update on your sweet family! We loved getting your Christmas card-Thanks! We miss getting to spend time with you guys-we have such fun memories with you!!