My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Mark and I got married in June 2002. We have a sweet little girl Brooklyn who came to our family in 2007 and we also have three adorable boys Brady, Jackson and Tyson. Mark works for Monsanto as an Account Manager and I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids under 5 1/2.
Thursday, July 31, 2008

Surviving The Summer Storm

Well we officially survived our first big summer storm. At 4 am the storm woke us up, and we could tell the wind was really bad, so we grabbed our blankets and Brooklyn and headed down to the basement. On the way to the basement, we noticed the garage light was on. The storm has blown the side door to our garage open. According to the news the wind was anywhere from 80 to 100 mph. While in the basement, the power went out, so we sat in the dark. After the storm passed we went back to bed. In the morning we looked outside to check for any damage, and found that two of our trees had been struck by lightening and split. Luckily they fell the opposite direction of the house otherwise they would have crashed through Brooklyn's room. We feel very gratful that things aren't any worse, and hopefully we will have the trees cleaned up this afternoon. Besides the loss of the trees, all is going well. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I totally forgot you had a blog in my turmoi! I am so glad you sent out a reminder. The storm looks terrible. I'm glad your family and house are safe!